Welcome to the Chicago FUE Minimally Invasive Hair Transplantation Center. Your Experience Matters!
- Most comprehensive and experienced FUE hair restoration center in Illinois
- Offers cutting edge ARTAS ® robotic hair restoration AND the Neograft® automated hair transplantation
- We were the first center in Chicago and the Midwest to introduce the Neograft system and have the longest and largest experience with this technology
- We are the first center to offer the cutting edge ARTAS robotic FUE transplantation technology
- We can design a minimally invasive procedure that is best for you utilizing the best technology on the market
- We utilize various donor sites – we can transplant hair not only from the back of the scalp but also other parts of the body such as your chest, arms, legs, beard, etc. all without scars
- We can reconstruct and cover strip donor-site scars
- We can cover not only balding spots but also traumatic, chemotherapy defects
- We treat Caucasians, African Americans , Asians, Men and Women
Although FUE procedures are minimally invasive and cause little pain and recovery time compared to conventional STRIP hair transplants, FUE procedures can still last eight hours or more. Such a long procedure time may cause fatigue in even veteran surgeons and you don’t want a tired doctor plowing for follicles on the back of your head. Luckily, the new ARTAS FDA approved system can aid the doctor with this heavy hair-pulling.
The revolutionary ARTAS robotic system utilizes a computer-assisted image guidance system to increase the number and quality of usable hair follicles gathered from donor sites. This new system is more precise and less invasive than what even sure-handed surgeons can accomplish with the Neograft.
Although the ARTAS robot does not get tired and produces very uniform and viable grafts, the system does have its limitations. For one thing, it only works on men and women with straight hair and only on the scalp (so far!). Those with curly hair or simply not enough hair left on the scalp are not good candidates for ARTAS robot but can be a good candidate for Neograft.
For people who currently do not qualify for the ARTAS technology, the Neograft system is still very effective. Since the Neograft is human controlled it can work on curly or African American hair and also can be used to harvest hair follicular units from secondary sites such as the chest, back, beard, arms and legs. Moreover, it can be helpful in secondary cases with multiple previous scars.
Therefore, by offering both the ARTAS robot and the Neograft technologies, our center can be successful with all types of cases – not only first comers who are afraid of ugly STRIP scars but also the most complicated re-do or unusual patients. Experience and technology count!
Gregory A. Turowski MD, Ph.D., FACS
Board Certified in Plastic Surgery since 1999.
Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Gregory Turowski is one of a few double board-certified plastic surgeons specializing in plastic and cosmetic face and body surgery and minimally invasive FUE hair transplantation. He combines a European background with knowledge and technical expertise that he acquired through years of surgical training at the most prestigious American Ivy League institutions: Yale and Harvard. He pioneered automatic and robotic hair transplantation in the Midwest and is one of the most experienced ARTAS robotic and Neograft procedures physicians in the world.
Dr. Turowski completed his general surgical residency and Chief Residency at St. Mary’s Hospital/Yale Medical School affiliated program in Connecticut. He became board certified by The American Board of Surgery and after completing residency in plastic surgery at Harvard became board certified by the American board of Plastic surgery. He was re certified again in 2011.
Dr Turowski is a fellow of the International Society for Hair Restoration Society (ISHRS).
Dr Turowski is a fellow the prestigious hair loss surgeons’ associations:
American Hair Loss association and International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons . These organizations admit selected surgeons by invitation only. Members have to achieve highest recognition of the hair restoration standards and prove to be able to generate excellent results